Latest From the Blog
Professional CV Writing
Professional CV Writing
When as an executive you have the need for Professional CV Writing, whether you create a Professional looking CV yourself or are outsourcing it to a Professional CV Writing Service such as ourselves, many job seekers initially look simply at the form of output to make their choice.
Although the eventual Professional CV should look right both visually as well as in the form and structure of its language, to create a Professional looking CV that is effective in gaining employment is as much about the job application process as it is about the output. Combining both will enable you to secure the job you seek in the shortest possible time scale.
To enable writing a Professional CV, there are some fairly simple and common steps:
- Note down your work history: it is not surprising to find job seekers who have forgotten part of their job history. While gaps could create doubt for an employer, a Professional CV does not need to include all your employment. Employers will focus most on the last five years of experience
- Have a clear vision of the types of job you wish to apply for: this is where I think the first key mistake in a Professional CV strategy comes in. Employers want to engage with people who have both the right skills and will stay with them for the medium term. If you just think about you and what job suits you next, then you fail to communicate that in your Professional CV writing, and hence will reduce your job interview ratio
- Combining the two into a Professional CV: having noted the where from/history, and the where to/target, the process of writing a Professional CV can start. Here is where selecting the right Professional CV Writer can help, as they will also give you help in focusing your vision, and advice on how much competition is in the target jobs market
If all job seekers followed this process to writing a Professional CV, why is it that so many executives and professionals still find themselves with better but not ideal rates of job application to job interview? If you are getting less than 1 job interview in 10 job applications, then there is probably something wrong with your Professional CV.
The answer is simply in the process these Professional job seekers use to find and apply for these jobs, as well as having a lack of clarity in their own vision of what they want to do in their medium term career. The employers key questions are always:
- Do you have the required skills to do this job? defined by the job description, and communicated by your Professional CV
- Why is this job right for you? driven from the clarity of your own career management, and communicated in the combination of your Cover Letter and Professional CV
If you don’t have the answers to these questions in both your job application approach and your Professional CV, then how can your job application to interview ratio improve, and hence how will you get employed?
Anyone can create a Professional CV by combining your work history and your stated vision into a creative and communicative document. It is why there are so many Professional CV Writing Services on the market. The fact you apply for jobs you are not qualified for, or due to a lack of vision of what your career looks like into the future, means that not all Professional CV’s or Professional CV Writing services are the same.
The key question once you create a professional looking cv is: did it get you employed? If you are not getting the right level of job interviews, then look to engage a Professional CV Writing service which provides more than just a Professional CV, but also strategies and tactics on how to get employed in the quickest possible time scale.
If you need an interview winning solution, sign-up for our Professional CV service
If you want to check the suitability of your existing CV, then get a FREE CV review
If you have any questions about our services, please call 0844 884 2825